I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Sunday 28 April 2013

APR 28, 13 .. DOWNTOWN OOTY ..

I arrived here last Tuesday, the 23rd of August.  After a tiring all-night-bus-ride from Kodaikanal to Ooty .. I was still able on Tuesday to put-up several posts showing my hotel and my room.

Wednesday and Thursday I took formal guided tours of the area around Ooty and published posts for those two 'day-tours'.  On Friday I spent part of my day on the toy train and again .. I was able to publish posts covering the toy train ride.  

Yesterday the electrical power was shut-down for most of the day so my time was limited to five or so hours here on-line.  I was able to publish several lengthy posts yesterday about my restaurants and the scenery on the road between Ooty and Coonoor.

Today it is time for me to show you all some views of DOWNTOWN OOTY.

I want to begin by using 'the view from my hotel room' to orient you as to where downtown Ooty is located relative to my hotel room.


The above three views .. contrary to my own earlier thoughts .. are NOT views of downtown Ooty.  You must go an additional 1-1/2 to 2 kilometers straight ahead up-the-road out into the distance before you get into downtown Ooty.

When you have gone about 1 Km the road splits .. one fork goes 90 degrees to your right and the other fork veers off to your left. The 'space' that now exists ahead of you is an enormous horse racing course.

The below photo shows you the view along the fork that has split off to the left above.
To further confuse you .. the above photo looks back towards the split I talk about above.  The horse racing course is on the left in the above photo.  The above shrubbery-hedge is tall and blocks-your-view.  To shoot the below photos I had to climb up on various things to look over the hedge at downtown Ooty.
In these two photos we are looking directly across the horse racing course at downtown Ooty.
Now I will show you the absolutely enormous OOTY HORSE RACING COURSE that defines one side of downtown Ooty.



Now I will repeat two of the above photos of downtown Ooty as seen looking across the above horse racing course.
Following these two photos looking across at downtown Ooty .. I am going to show you a series of photos taken looking up various streets and alley-ways in downtown Ooty.
Here we go examining Ooty in some additional detail.







The final two photos below .. look back across from Ooty to the other side of the horse racing course from whence we just walked.

A tall hedge on this side of the horse racing course blocks it from view in the above two photos.

There you have .. DOWNTOWN OOTY ..

It is quite an interesting city!  Smiles .. Cap  

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP